Search blog

Hockey, USA

 HOCKEY, USA

you think that i'm Canadian because I got a blade beneath my leather laced up kicks and half my teeth knocked out,
cause my faced is stitched up instead of round my rubber pucks,
my lips are blue and pink and they be be kissing Stanley cups,
cause my pony's a Zamboni you think I ain't got no west side story
and you think i'm kinda cold cause my ball's not rolled
instead of 9, we shoot out, and it ain't some round ornage swine dimpled brown ball of twine we got, 
like I'm more eh eh than I am USA cause I skate upon a frozen lake, aint no way I'm from the states and I must be expat cause my games xrated
so what my turfs a little pinkened rink and I got a kink in my dinky taped-up, lipped stick, u think like yea, I could be inuit,
cause my dug-out's a deckcage beside my-indoor-only iceblock stage, you say I'm out of range,
 so you hate on my jersey, cause instead of 4 we play in 3 , checkered tops on referees, surely can't be land of the free? 

You think the RED that I pledge must be Maple Leaf, when I'm telling you, its more like Winged Feet, I'm from the Motor City, I sleep between 5 Seas with the rest of my team  ! 

Wayne Gretzky said it best, you miss 100%
of the shots you never take, so that's why i choose to play
Hockey and I rock a red wing and ain't a jockey, Pbiz Ice Cold, Sports Be The Topic of Current Study , Try and Stop Me